The evolution of the Alfa Romeo badge

1920

In 1915, Nicola Romeo took over A.L.F.A. and the company name became "Alfa Romeo." In 1920, the first vehicle was badged with the new logo, which was modified to read Alfa-Romeo Milano.

1925

A golden laurel crown was added to the badge, symbolizing the victory at the first World Championship. 

1946

During the war, the machines that produced the badges installed on the vehicles were destroyed, which lead to the creation of a Spartan single-color (red) version of the badge. 

1950

With the proclamation of the republic, the Savoy-dynasty knots were replaced by two wavy lines and the badge restored all of its color.

1972

The Pomigliano d’Arco Alfasud plant opened and the word MILANO was removed along with the wavy lines.

1982

The laurel wreath was removed and the diameter of the logo was increased. The badge’s formal elements and colors were redesigned with the simplification of the serpent and the re-composition of ALFA ROMEO in the Futura typeface.

2015

The new ALFA ROMEO badge is the perfect match between geometry and proportion, measured in every single part. Every element has its specific color, as each one highlights the exclusive positioning of Alfa Romeo expressing a bold and contemporary personality. The pyramidal texture on the background marks the brand character. Two different tones of gray melt together in a three-dimensional contrast of illuminations and shadows.

© All Rights Reserved | Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo (Arese, Milano)