October 05, 2017
The SUV is the new King of the Ring
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio laps Nürburgring in record 7 minutes 51.7 seconds, fastest time ever posted by a production SUV
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio – the “halo” model in the lineup – continues to highlight Alfa Romeo’s performance expertise with best-in-class 505 horsepower, powering it from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 177 mph
• State-of-the-art technologies, including Alfa DNA Pro selector, torque vectoring differential, Chassis Domain Control (CDC), and aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters maximize the driving experience in all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
• The innovative Q4 all-wheel-drive (AWD) system – standard on all Stelvio models – provides additional driving confidence and superior control
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio goes on sale in early 2018
• Stelvio and Stelvio Ti on sale now with an MSRP of $41,995 and $43,995, respectively
• Alfa Romeo now holds two Nürburgring lap time records with Giulia Quadrifoglio (fastest four-door production car) and Stelvio Quadrifoglio (fastest production SUV)
• No other manufacturer offers a faster lineup of four-door production vehicles
Just ahead of its U.S. launch, the 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio has claimed the title of world's fastest production SUV, setting a new benchmark lap time at Germany's legendary Nürburgring. Earlier this month, a Stelvio Quadrifoglio lapped the 12.9-mile Nordschleife (north loop) in a record 7 minutes 51.7 seconds. This new benchmark time is a full eight seconds faster than the previous production SUV record. Video footage of the record-setting lap can be viewed on the Alfa Romeo YouTube channel at YouTube.com/AlfaRomeoUSA.
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio record was established by Fabio Francia, the same Alfa Romeo driver who also set the track record for the fastest four-door sedan in the world on the Nürburgring with the Giulia Quadrifoglio in a time of just 7 minutes and 32 seconds.
“We specifically engineered and designed the Stelvio Quadrifoglio to set world-class benchmarks and it did not disappoint with a world-record Nürburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Alfa Romeo. “We’re proud to now hold two Nürburgring lap time records with the Giulia Quadrifoglio as the fastest four-door production sedan and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio as the fastest production SUV.”
Infused with Italian passion, craftsmanship and innovation, the all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio is designed to conquer the winding road for which it is named.
The heart and soul of this ultra-high performance SUV is an all-aluminum, direct-injection 2.9-liter 24-valve twin-turbo intercooled V-6 engine, delivering a best-in-class 505 horsepower and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, and a standard Q4 all-wheel-drive system.
In addition to best-in-class horsepower, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio features segment-leading V-6 torque and the most horsepower per liter in its class.
Designed to optimize the all-new lightweight Alfa Romeo architecture, the all-aluminum 2.9-liter V-6 twin-turbo engine features a compact 90-degree layout and was holistically designed for a low center of gravity within the chassis. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio also features a class-exclusive carbon fiber driveshaft and the most direct steering available.
Advanced technology features unique to the Stelvio Quadrifoglio include a four-mode Alfa DNA Pro selector with Race mode, torque vectoring differential, Quadrifoglio-tuned adaptive suspension, Quadrifoglio instrument cluster with 200 miles per hour (mph) speedometer and cylinder deactivation system to maximize fuel efficiency.
Ultra-high performance options for Stelvio Quadrifoglio include:
• Ultra-lightweight carbon fiber shell Sparco racing seats, providing maximum lateral support during extreme cornering thanks to more aggressive bolstering, and designed to be the lightest in the segment, while providing comfort for long road trips
• Ultra-high-performance Brembo carbon-ceramic material (CCM) brake system
With the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, where other SUVs stop at utility, Alfa Romeo took on the challenge to create the perfect mix of high performance, capability and design.
Read more at: